OVERNIGHT SECURITY OFFICER | FULL-TIME
Come SOAR at the Naples Airport and work with a team dedicated to providing service excellence every day.
WHO ARE WE?
Naples Airport Authority serves the community with a purpose of connecting you to Naples through an exceptional airport experience.
Are you interested in various paraprofessional law enforcement activities, providing security and safety of all operational areas of the airport? This individual will perform security enforcement, crime prevention duties and other general security services. Enforces Airport Rules and Regulations, policies, and procedures. Ensures that all federal aviation regulations pertaining to Airport Security are followed. Makes timely notification to Law Enforcement Personnel (LEP) when necessary.
Sunday – 12:00pm-10:00pm
Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday – Overnights, 9:00PM – 7:00AM
Some of the position duties include:
- Patrols all areas around the airport and conducts security checks of terminal buildings and parking areas for unauthorized persons, suspicious activities etc. Provides daily inspections of various areas within the Terminal Buildings in accordance with Authority guidelines.
- Provides initial investigation for all calls of criminal activities and accidents; makes reports, interviews victims/witnesses and persons of interest. Protects and maintains crime scenes until LEP arrives. Prepares and writes applicable operational reports related to daily activities, accidents, and incidents.
- Issues Courtesy Notices and/or Notices of Violation (citations) and gives verbal and written warnings.
- Secures passenger gates, locks exterior doors and parking lot gates after all employees depart. Secures and/or opens airport office buildings according to procedures.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English. Be able to communicate verbally in person, via phone or two-way radio to relay information quickly, clearly and concisely.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- A current, valid Florida driver’s license with full privileges (not suspended or revoked) and driving record that meets the Authority’s driving standards.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Excellent Benefits Package, including $0 cost to employee Medical and Dental plans
- Voluntary “Stop the Spread” $1,000 Covid-19 Vaccine Incentive
- Generous Company Paid Retirement Plan
- Vacation, Personal Leave, Sick Time, Paid Holidays
- Annual Incentive Award and Career Development Programs
- Unlimited $500 Referral Program
- Tuition and Education Reimbursement up to $4,000 a year
- Salary: $17.57 – 21.52 p/hour depending upon qualifications and overnight shift differential additional $3.00 p/hour
Apply Online Naples Airport Authority application must be completed. Application and job description available at the Naples Airport Authority or in the Administration Office. EOE/V/H/Male/Female/Drug-Free Workplace and provides for veterans’ preference for eligible positions. Must be able to obtain a Florida driver’s license within the first thirty days of employment.
- Notice To Applicants
- Veterans’ Preference Application
- For More Information go to www.floridavets.org/benefits/veteranspref.asp