MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I — LANDSCAPE
Come SOAR at the Naples Airport and work with a team dedicated to providing service excellence every day.
WHO ARE WE?
Naples Airport Authority serves the community with a purpose of connecting you to Naples through an exceptional airport experience.
We’re looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician, Landscaper to be responsible for executing small scale landscaping activities and maintains grounds and landscape of Naples Airport.
Some of the position duties include:
- Performs all care and maintenance on trees, shrubs, and lawn using proper equipment, chemicals, and landscaping techniques to ensure healthy appearance on all airport property.
- Determines appropriate herbicide and fertilizer, mixes, and applies as directed to designated areas.
- Plants trees, shrubs, and plants utilizing appropriate landscaping equipment.
- Maintains Airport grounds sprinkler systems, and fountains.
- Able to operate tractors, mowers, weed eaters, backhoe, telehandler, edgers, trimmers, shovels, rakes, wrenches, saws, drills, and various other hand tools.
- High school diploma or GED and 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must obtain Green Industries Best Management Practices Certification within 90 days of employment; limited urban fertilizer license within 90 days of employment, and limited pesticide license within 6 months of employment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Communicates in person and via two-way radio.
- This person is constantly required to move about airport property; climb or balance to reach high branches and trees; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl when planting, picking up debris, trimming hedges and trees.
- A current, valid Florida driver’s license with full privileges (not suspended or revoked). Operates motor vehicles and sit in mowers.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Excellent Benefits Package, including $0 cost to employee Medical and Dental plans
- “Stop the Spread” $1,000 Covid-19 Vaccine Incentive
- Generous Company Paid Retirement Plan
- Vacation, Personal Leave, Sick Time, Paid Holidays
- Annual Incentive Award and Career Development Programs
- Unlimited $500 Employee Referral Program
- Tuition and Education Reimbursement up to $4,000 a year
- Starting Salary:
- Maintenance Technician I starting $15.69 per hour
- Maintenance Technician II starting $17.56 per hour
Download Job Description | Maintenance Technician I
Download Job Description | Maintenance Technician II
Apply Online Naples Airport Authority application must be completed. Application and job description available at the Naples Airport Authority or in the Administration Office. EOE/V/H/Male/Female/Drug-Free Workplace and provides for veterans’ preference for eligible positions. Must be able to obtain a Florida driver’s license within the first thirty days of employment.
- Notice To Applicants
- Veterans’ Preference Application
- For More Information go to www.floridavets.org/benefits/veteranspref.asp