2024 SUMMER COLLEGE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – General Aviation
The Naples Airport Authority aviation intern will assist us in contributing to the strategic vision and overall success of the organization; as well as, our goal to be an engaged community partner and inspire the next generation of aviation professionals.
WHO ARE WE?
Naples Airport Authority serves the community with a purpose of connecting you to Naples through an exceptional airport experience.
The NAA intern will have educational and hands on work opportunities in the aviation industry with designed rotations in each of our departments, including Airport Operations, FBO Services, Finance and Administration, Human Resources, Training and Development, and Executive Management. The program will provide positive exposure to the field of aviation.
The Naples Airport Authority offers a paid internship to students at a competitive hourly rate and provides the opportunity to work with knowledgeable and experienced professionals on assignments critical to airport operations. The intern will have the opportunity to complete departmental projects, attend networking events and organizational meetings, participate in job shadowing activities and as a member of the NAA team in various capacities. The program is not designed to be restrictive in nature and may be adjusted to accommodate the individual interests and goals of the intern, assuming changes can be accommodated by airport staff. The intern will complete an end of program assignment that will be presented to airport Leadership Team.
The intern must be available to work in-person at the Naples Airport Authority from May to August for at least eight weeks. The schedule is part-time (3 days a week), for an average 24 hours per week. The intern must be available to work for the entire duration of the program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and a high school graduate who is enrolled or plans to be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program with an accredited college or university.
- Have a competitive GPA and be in good academic standing.
- Student should submit a Resume to include goals and objectives.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Be a self-starter, who is able to multitask, excellent communication skills, and is an innovative thinker.
- Holds a valid driver’s license, and successfully completes the NAA preemployment background and drug screening requirements.
Apply Online Naples Airport Authority application must be completed. Application and job description available at the Naples Airport Authority or in the Administration Office. EOE/V/H/Male/Female/Drug-Free Workplace and provides for veterans’ preference for eligible positions. Must be able to obtain a Florida driver’s license within the first thirty days of employment.