Fire Safety Tips from City of the NAA and Naples Fire-Rescue
With annual fire inspections approaching, consider these tips on how to keep your hangar, your aircraft, and your neighbors safe!
- Improper storage of used oil and other combustible materials
- Improper placement of personal fire extinguisher
- Untidy hangar
- Furniture and other items blocking exit doors
- Improper use of extension cords
FOR PRIVATE CONDO OWNERS:
- Have the fire alarm, fire extinguisher, and sprinklers inspected annually by a licensed contractor and complete any necessary repairs.
- Apply for approval with NAA Leasing Department and obtain a permit before doing any construction.
- Review inspection reports from Naples Fire-Rescue annual fire inspections and correct any violations in a timely manner.
FIRE SAFETY ACTIVITIES OFFERED BY NAPLES FIRE-RESCUE DEPARTMENT:
- Fire extinguisher training
- Fire station tours
- CPR and first aid training
- Life safety inspections