As part of our ongoing commitment to enhancing safety, efficiency, and the overall Airport experience, we want to remind you of the current and upcoming construction projects at the Naples Airport. These projects encompass both airside and landside improvements. We appreciate your understanding and patience as we work towards enhancing your Naples Airport experience. Please check for the most up-to-date information on our website here.
Runway 05-23 Drainage and Safety Improvements Project
- Runway 05-23 will be closed nightly from Sunday–Friday (into Saturday morning), from Sunday, October 8 through November 2023, between 10 PM and 6 AM. The runway will be open for full use during all other hours.
- Runway 14/32 will remain open.
- Taxiway Connectors A1, A2, and A3 will be closed nightly from Sunday–Friday (into Saturday morning), from Sunday, October 8 through November 2023, between 10 PM and 6 AM.
- Taxiway A will be closed nightly between Taxiway Connector A3 and Taxiway T, from Sunday, October 15, through Friday morning, October 20, between 10 PM and 6 AM.
- Please note that dates may change subject to weather conditions; remember to check your NOTAMS.
NAVAIDs Upgrade Project
- The new runway 14, 32, 05 and 23 Precision Approach Path Indicators (PAPIs) and Runway End Identifier Lights (REILs) are now operable after passing the FAA’s flight check on Wednesday, October 11.
GA Apron Joint Sealant Replacement Project
- Replacement of the concrete joint sealant on the GA Apron was successfully completed on Wednesday, October 18, one week ahead of schedule.
The Naples Airport Authority has several landside projects underway. These projects will not impact anyone in terms of flying or driving.
Perimeter Fence Replacement Project
- The existing airport security fencing from the southeast corner to the northeast corner of the airport property along Airport-Pulling Road has been upgraded to improve the security of the airport.
Exotic Clearing Project
- This project involves removing invasive exotic vegetation, clearing swales, and removing trees surrounding the airport.
- The project began in late July and is anticipated to be completed by the end of October.
GAT Long-Term Parking Lot Expansion Project
- Construction for the expansion of the General Aviation Terminal (GAT) long-term parking lot is ongoing and is anticipated to be completed by mid-November, weather permitting.
Airport Road Landscaping Improvements Project
- The project generally consists of improvements to the existing landscaping on the eastern perimeter of Naples Airport property along Airport-Pulling Road, including the entries at Radio Road (Aviation Dr. North) and Aviation Dr. South, and two corner signage areas at Corporate Flight Drive and North Road.
- The project is anticipated to take place from October 2023 to March 2024.
Pilot’s Lounge Renovation
- Renovations to upgrade the current Pilot’s Lounge facility are currently underway and are anticipated to be completed by the end of October.
Additional Upcoming Projects
- GA Apron Lighting Replacement
- Taxiway A3 Relocation
- Runway 05-23 Interior Perimeter Roads
About Naples Airport
Naples Airport is ideally located within minutes of downtown Naples, the Gulf of Mexico and I-75, connecting people to the Paradise Coast through an exceptional airport experience. The airport serviced 122,281 annual operations and more than 200,000 passengers last year, while being an engaged, responsive partner to the community. Home to corporate aviation, air charter, car rental, flight schools and critical public services such as fire/rescue, air ambulance services, mosquito control and the Collier County Sheriff’s Aviation Unit. The airport also prides itself on being the hub of emergency staging during natural disasters, like hurricanes.
All funds used for the airport’s operation, maintenance and improvements are generated from activities at the airport or federal and state grants from aviation-related user fees. The airport receives no local tax dollars. The Florida Department of Transportation values the airport’s annual economic impact on the community at more than $781 million.
For more information or to subscribe to email updates from the airport, visit www.FlyNaples.com.