AIRPORT MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I, II, or III — (Full-Time)
Come SOAR at the Naples Airport and work with a team dedicated to providing service excellence every day.
WHO ARE WE?
Naples Airport Authority serves the community with a purpose of connecting you to Naples through an exceptional airport experience.
We’re looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician, who conducts basic maintenance work on buildings, hangars, and grounds of the City of Naples Airport Authority.
Some of the position duties include:
- Maintains airport building facilities according to professional and regulatory standards through safe procedures providing for a clean, efficient, and attractive environment.
- Inspects aircraft hangars according to the preventive maintenance plan to ensure appropriate maintenance and safety standards are met; works with tenants to resolve discrepancies and performs at the highest levels of customer service.
- Maintains inventory for airport building mechanical and plumbing systems, landscaping and grounds management supplies, and all vehicles and equipment that require routine repair or servicing.
- Performs basic carpentry and plumbing repairs and general maintenance of airport buildings and grounds; assists in maintaining airport grounds sprinkler systems and fountains.
- Performs general maintenance on perimeter fence and gates, including gate operators and access control systems, to ensure proper up-keep.
- Performs regular ground maintenance duties including cleaning, mowing, trimming, etc.
- High school diploma or GED and 1 year of technical school, and 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have full working knowledge of FAA rules and OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Certification within 90 days of employment.
- Communicates in person and via two-way radio.
- Must have the ability to operate standard building maintenance tools, including basic hand and power tools. Must be able to operate tractors, loaders, mowers, weed eaters, backhoe, telehandler, edgers, trimmers, shovels, rakes, wrenches, saws, and drills.
- A current, valid Florida driver’s license with full privileges (not suspended or revoked).
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Excellent Benefits Package, including $0 cost employee Medical and Dental plans
- Generous 10% Company Paid Retirement Plan
- Vacation, Personal Leave, Sick Time, Paid Holidays
- Annual Incentive Award and Career Development Programs
- Unlimited $500 Employee Referral Program
- Tuition and Education Reimbursement up to $7,000 a year
- Winner of Best Places to Work in Southwest Florida!
- Starting Salary:
- Maintenance Technician I starting $20.00 per hour
- Maintenance Technician II starting $23.45 per hour
- Maintenance Technician III starting at $26.26 per hour
Apply Online Naples Airport Authority application must be completed. Application and job description available at the Naples Airport Authority or in the Administration Office. EOE/V/H/Male/Female/Drug-Free Workplace and provides for veterans’ preference for eligible positions. Must be able to obtain a Florida driver’s license within the first thirty days of employment.